Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures Code HLTINFCOV001
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to follow organizational infection prevention control procedures, including implementing standard and transmission based precautions and responding to infection risks.
Learn the skills and knowledge required to follow organisational infection prevention and control procedures. This nationally accredited training includes implementing standard and transmission-based precautions; responding to standard and transmission-based events and responding to infection risks.
This course is essential in developing your workplace health and safety capacity. It has been contextualised to meet the immediate need for workers in a variety of roles to upskill in infection.
Who can do this course
Individuals working in a broad range of industries in our current COVID-19 environment. Please note this course has assessment requirements that must be completed in a workplace.
What you will learn:
- hand hygiene and care of hands
- use of personal protective equipment
- handling of waste
- enforcing clean and contaminated zones
- limitation of contamination
- surface cleaning for infection control
- identify infection hazards and assess risks
- best practice virus and bacteria infection and control
- where to find reliable and trustworthy information
- practical applications of infection control procedures to various industries
Upon successful completion students will receive a statement of attainment in – HLTINFCOV001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures. Based on your industry area you may request to have your Statement of Attainment issued as one of the following skill Sets:
- Infection control Skill Set (Transport and Logistics)
- Infection control Skill Set (Retail)
- Infection control Skill Set (Food Handling)
What you will need
- A computer to participate in online learning
- workplace, organisation policies and procedures
- ability to video your assessment or participate in a video conference (smartphone) OR access to a workplace supervisor to observe, monitor and assess your performance
Students are required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with his/her picture and signature
- Duration 9 hours
- Day of week
- Skill level
- Available Seats