Conduct civil construction excavator operations
Conduct civil construction excavator operations Code RIIMPO320F
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to operate excavator operations to lift carry and place materials.
This unit applies to those working in site-based roles.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory, and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories, and industry sectors, and must be sourced from state jurisdictions prior to applying this unit.
This course covers the conduct excavator operations in the civil construction industry. It includes;
- Planning and preparing
- Conducting machine pre-operational checks
- Operation of an excavator including loading
- bulk excavation
- trench excavation
- battering and benching
- Carrying and placing materials
- Selecting, removing and fitting attachments
- Relocating the machine
- Carrying out machine operator maintenance
- Cleaning up
- Participants who are deemed competent will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment .
- Payment prior to course commencement see terms and conditions in student handbook.
- Valid photo ID
- Have a good understanding of the English language
- Wear appropriate PPE
- USI – Unique Student Identifier
- Course duration is 2 days for operator with considerable experience.
- Course duration is 3 days for operator with no experience
- Please note if additional training is required it may occur an additional fee
- Flexible Delivery
Flexible delivery allows the learner to study what they want and when they want through an interactive set of learning resources designed for self-paced progress. Interactive tutorials and peer support programs provide learners with personal assistance. Web-based student notice-boards inform students of upcoming events and important announcements.
- Face to Face Delivery
For those who prefer the personal experience we provide face-to-face delivery options. Facilitated by experienced professionals, these sessions are interactive, interesting, stimulating and exceptional value for money.
- Duration 9 hours
- Day of week
- Skill level
- Available Seats