Licence to Perform dogging
Licence to Perform Dogging
In this course you will learn the skills required to perform slinging techniques, including the selection and inspection of lifting gear and directing of the crane operator. Successful completion of this course will provide you with your WorkSafe high risk dogging ticket.
This course will teach you the skills to
- Understand communication techniques such as whistles, hand signals and use of fixed two-way radios
- Calculate capacity of lifting equipment
- Understand slinging techniques in a variety of conditions
- Select and inspect lifting equipment
- Understand work instructions
- Direct crane operators in the moving of loads
- Identify hazards and assess risks associated with operation
Course Requirements: 100 points of identification, adequate literacy & numeracy, USI number, minimum age 18, appropriate clothing hi-vis shirt and covered shoes or boots, food and drinks.
Units of Competency
- CPCCLDG3001A – Licence to perform dogging
- Written activities, verbal questions, observation and practical demonstration
- As MultiSkills Training is not CRICOS approved we are unable to enrol any students that are on a student VISA. If you are on a student VISA you will need to go to a TAFE or RTO that is CRICOS approved
- Ability to comprehend the English language
- A USI Number (Unique Student Identifier) Visit: www.usi.gov.au
- Safety footwear
The licence to perform High Risk Work is issued by WorkSafe Victoria. When the assessor deems you competent, you will need to lodge your licence application and Notice of Assessment within 60 days to obtain a high risk work licence.
You can now apply, renew or amend a high risk work licence online at: https://www.myworksafe.vic.gov.au
You will receive an email from myWorkSafe that contains your Training ID. The email will contain a link that allows you to download the Notice of Assessment (NOA) to enable you to lodge your licence application. All licence applications incur a fee payable to WorkSafe Victoria. Further details can be found at: www.worksafe.vic.gov.au/high-risk-work-licence or by calling WorkSafe on 1300 852 562.
To be eligible to undertake a High Risk Work Licence in Victoria you must be a Victorian resident and be able to provide Government issued photo identification that proves you reside in Victoria, if your photo identification does not have a Victorian address you must also provide one of the following forms of identification upon enrolment:
- Victorian Firearm Licence
- Victorian Boat Licence
- KeyPass or Proof of age card with Victorian address
- A utility bill – e.g. gas or water bill with Victorian address
- A bank statement with Victorian address
- A statutory declaration proving that you reside in Victoria
- Duration 9 hours
- Day of week
- Skill level
- Available Seats