Work Safely at Heights
Work Safely at Heights Code RIIWHS204D
This 1-day work safely at heights training course is specifically designed for all employees who are required to work safely at heights. Anyone required to work safely at heights whereupon they are exposed to the risk of falling from one level to the next must undertake this RIIWHS204D work safe at heights course. It includes: identifying the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task; accessing and installing equipment; performing working safely at heights; and cleaning up the work area. Work safely at heights refresher courses is available by appointment. Complete the theory online and attend our site for a practical assessment.
For further information or to book over the phone call us on the number below.
Units of Competency
RIIWHS204D – Work safely at heights
RIIWHS204D Working Safely at Heights Course Fees
RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights Course Information
Course duration: 1-day (8 hours)
This nationally recognised course provides students the skills and knowledge required for working safely at heights in the resources and infrastructure, civil construction, and construction industries this course is mandatory for everyone where they are required to perform work at heights above two meters.
Upon Completion of This Course Students Will Learn To:
Prepare for working safely at heights
– Access the following documents in preparation for working safely at heights:
– Organisational policies or procedures relating to working safely at heights.
– Relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, or Australian standards relating to working safely at heights.
– Complete an SWMS for working safely at heights task.
Inspect the work area for
– Identification of risks/hazards.
– Assessment of risk/hazard levels.
– Identify any tasks that you would need to complete including risk/hazard treatments.
– Selection and implementation of risk treatment options.
Demonstrate how to inspect and fit safety equipment including
– Select wear and care for personal protective equipment.
– A fall arrest harness.
– An inertia reel.
– Access equipment.
Perform work safely at heights
– Safely access the work area and install a safety system.
– Competently and safely connect yourself to the safety system in place.
– Use and secure tools and equipment safely.
– Monitor weather conditions and take appropriate action if the situation changes.
– Monitor safety systems that are in use to ensure ongoing effectiveness.
– Take appropriate action to adjust or implement risk treatments as required.
Conclude operations, maintain equipment and clean up
– Demonstrate and explain how to safely dismantle a safety system that is no longer required.
– Demonstrate how to competently clean, check, maintain and store equipment.
– Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for details of maintenance or storage requirements for each piece of equipment.
This course is a Nationally Accredited Course. It is recommended by Industry that persons must update their competency and complete refresher training though currently, no legislation provides details of frequency for refresher training. However, major water companies require refresher training annually, NBN, Oil and Gas Industries recommend every 2 years.
Prerequisites & Course Requirements
– Photo ID must be presented i.e. current driver’s license or passport.
– Basic English language and literacy skills.
- Duration 30 hours
- Day of week
- Skill level
- Available Seats