CHC43415 Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
|Duration||52 weeks (1.0 year) – full-time or part-time distance, online or blended mode|
|Location||Mervic campus, on-campus simulated environment/room, and actual workplace (placement)|
This qualification reflects the role of workers participating in the design, implementation, and evaluation of leisure, health activities, and programs for clients in one or more sector areas. Workers may be in residential facilities and/or in community agencies and day centres, completing specialised tasks and functions in relation to leisure and health. While workers are responsible for their own outputs, work is carried out under direct or indirect supervision within defined organisation guidelines. This qualification provides the skills and knowledge required to design, implement and evaluate health and leisure activities and programs which meet the physical, psychological and social needs of clients in a range of settings.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
This course will offer increased career opportunities in aged care facilities, community groups, or local councils completing specialised tasks and functions in relation to leisure and health as a lifestyle coordinator. On completing this qualification, learners are suited to undertake roles such as:
- Activities officer
- Community leisure officer
- Disability officer – day support
- Diversional therapy assistant
- Recreation activities officer
- Leisure officer
- Recreation officer
To attain CHC43415 Certificate IV in Leisure and Health, students must complete 17 units of competecny; 10 core and 7 electives. Units have been selected below;
- CHCCOM002—Use communication to build relationships
- CHCDIV001—Work with diverse people
- CHCLAH001—Work effectively in the leisure and health industries
- CHCLAH002—Contribute to leisure and health programming
- CHCLAH003—Participate in the planning, implementation and monitoring of individual leisure and health programs
- CHCLAH004—Participate in planning leisure and health programs for clients with complex needs
- CHCLAH005—Incorporate lifespan development and sociological concepts into leisure and health programming
- CHCPRP003—Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTAAP002—Confirm physical health status
- HLTWHS002—Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCGRP002—Plan & conduct group activities
- CHCCCS023—Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCCS015—Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS020—Respond effectively to behaviors of concern
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCVOL003—Recruit, induct and support volunteers
- CHCCCS025—Support relationships with carers and families
*Elective units for this qualification are current at the time of publication and are subject to change.
Work-Based Training (WBT)
120 hours of work in an approved facility over the duration of the course.
All students must be at least 18 years of age or above at the time of the course commencement to study at Mervic College.
English Language Requirements
Mervic approved LLN (ACSF level 3) or an English Placement Test;
General English with Intermediate level achieved;
Mature-age candidates with relevant industry experience
Completion of Year 11 or higher.
All students are required to undertake a pre-training review that aims to identify their training needs through questions on previous education or training, the relevance of the courses to the learner, and relevant experience.
Qualifications offered by Mervic College are based on the principles, guidelines, and standards set by the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) and VET Quality Framework (VQF) and are nationally recognised.
Course Tuition Fee
Subsidy: No government-funded places are available at the moment.
Special discounted fee: $6,500
NO APPLICATION OR ENROLMENT FEE
Contact our student admin team for further information on fees and an offer – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Day of week
- Skill level
- Available Seats